As part of the Strategic Plan, Barkley Plastics aims to improve energy efficiency year on year. This is driven by our desire for continual improvement and our commitment to ISO14001.
A team of industry professionals conducted a site survey to offer advice on where and how we could improve. Barkley Plastics aspire to expand on both knowledge and understanding to continually develop future energy efficiency around the company.
This commitment is championed by the MD with responsibility for coordination and monitoring activity given to the Technical Manager. Our performance is reviewed by our management team on a monthly basis against KPIs that have been incorporated into the business plan.
Order online or e-mail us at email@example.com
Durable, easy to clean and simple to lay, Plasfloor is perfect interlocking floor tile solution for any industrial environment.
On electrical energy we have estimated that we have already saved over 1,750KW per week through the following activity:-
- Investing in more energy efficient lamps.
- Installing a number of PIR sensors around the business to ensure lighting is not left on when not needed.
- Improved stats have been added to heaters to control the temperature more effectively.
- We have invested in a power factor correction unit to our substation to remove spikes and improve energy efficiency.
- Hand driers have been replaced with more energy efficient units.
- On Water we have saved 1,770 m3 compared to 2009.
- We have reduced water consumption significantly by identifying leaks and repairing accordingly.
We have also actively encouraged our customers to use recycled materials where the carbon footprint is proven to be lower than using virgin materials. A noticeable example of this was with new business from a major German Automotive Customer that we were successful in winning using recycled Polypropylene.
We are currently using well over 2000 Kg of recycled material every week.